We only include what is necessary for your hair to look it’s best! Instead of plastics and parabens, we include natural supplements like sea kelp, cedar wood, honeyquat, and babassu oil.
From cleansing to toning, moisturizing to repairing, sea kelp is a winner on all fronts for hair and scalp.
Babassu oil is rich in antioxidants and fatty acids that make it great for your skin and hair. It's also anti-inflammatory and antibacterial.
Honeyquat is a natural, active ingredient that is made from pure honey. This conditioning quat has excellent moisture binding capabilities.
Cedarwood promotes hair growth and reduce hair loss by balancing the oil-producing glands in the scalp. It also has antifungal and antibacterial properties. It helps limit different conditions that may contribute to dandruff or hair loss.
2. The special natural ingredients that we use penetrate your hair instead of just coat it.
These also treat the scalp helping your hair to feel and look its best from the root to the end.The honeyquat and marshmallow root used in the conditioning bars along with detangling essential oils strengthens and shines keeping hair manageable after it has been cleansed.
Marshmallow root is included in our bars for its amazing slippery texture for easy detangling as well as softening the hair. It is high in plant proteins that promote healthy hair growth and shine while also soothing dry scalp and skin inflammation.
Geranium encourages easy comb through and can help decrease hair loss by nourishing the hair with amino acids.
3. Not only is our hair care zero waste, but it’s also good for your pocketbook!
Each bar is the equivalent of three 24oz bottles of the finest shampoo or conditioner.
How Do I Use These Things?
As hair is part of our amazing bodies… it stands to reason it should be washed in a similar fashion. Our shampoo bars are nutrient dense so they suds up beautifully and gently cleanse impurities away!
1. Dampen Hair and rub the shampoo bar between your hands until a foamy lather forms. Begin to massage the lather into your scalp.
2. Rinse Well! The point of real shampoo is to clean the impurities from your hair so make sure you rinse the gunk out well!
3. Time to Condition and Detangle!
It is a huge mistake to miss this step. Here's the thing, shampoo and conditioner bars are formulate to work hand in hand. Slathering on gel conditioner filled with silicones will not be pretty and totally discounts all the work your shampoo bar just did. Some people who tend to have oily hair can get away with a vinegar rinse (diy recipe below).
4. If you are conditioning with a bar run it through wet cleansed hair much like a comb from root too ends. Thoroughly massage with fingers into hair and scalp.
5. Rinse Rinse and Rinse again! Unlike with synthetic conditioners, ours disperses nutrients that absorb into the hair and scalp, not coat the hair so you don't need that "slimy" feel to know it's done its job. When you feel like it's rinsed out, rinse a little more!
6. Style as usual
Zero waste means skimping on waste not quality. It means doing the best we can and trying new things that are less wasteful and finding a good fit for our lives. For me, Shampoo and Conditioners were the easiest and dare I say coolest way to start ;)
We would love to hear what all of you have to say about Shampoo and Conditioner bars! Feel free to comment below!